The perfect smile has always been a priority! And the pandemic provided the perfect opportunity for those longing for a flawless smile to fix it without the conventional childish braces.
In Spain, the demand for dental alignment methods has surged by an astonishing 40% compared to pre-pandemic times, and the trend doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon!
However, not all methods are equal; the material used can affect hardness, transparency, and even yellowing over time.
Advantages and disadvantages
- It’s nearly imperceptible to the human eye.
- It’s customized to fit each patient’s oral cavity.
- More comfortable for the patient than conventional orthodontics.
- It’s a more accepted option for adults.
- They are removable, making them simpler to clean.
- Behind some of the online aligner chains hide companies offering these products without scientific rigor.
- It’s more expensive than traditional orthodontics.
- They must be worn for 20 to 22 hours daily.
It’s important to always keep in mind that any dental treatment should be carried out under the supervision of a professional. Therefore, even though it might be less comfortable and straightforward for the patient, they should undergo their invisible orthodontic treatment in a proper dental center with continuous monitoring.
These aligners are developed using thermoformed trays, and at GT-Medical, we recommend GT Flex discs for the following reasons:
GT Flex belongs to a new generation of thermoplastics.
The materials GT FLEX ORIGINAL & PRO are specifically designed for transparent aligners and retainers, aiming to provide the best combination of flexibility, strength, and transparency in their class.
Combined with their ultra-low water absorption, GT FLEX materials stand as the number one choice for aligners and retainers.
There are two distinguishable models:
- GT FLEX ORIGINAL
This is the perfect mix of clarity, hardness, flexibility, and comfort, making it a highly versatile option.
This product can be found on our website in two sizes: 120 mm and 125 mm, with a thickness of 0.8 mm, available in a round format in both options.
- GT FLEX PRO
An option that’s more flexible and 10 times stronger than the original, making it the perfect choice for aligners and retainers.
This product is available on our website in four models, distinguished by their thickness of 0.8 mm or 1 mm, and in different sizes, available in both thicknesses at 120 mm and 125 mm
The GT FLEX materials are PETG polymers with a unique formulation that provides:
- Best-in-class transparency: Up to 93% light transmission
- Best-in-class strength: Up to 100 times more impact-resistant
- Amazing flexibility: Flexural modulus as low as <180K psi
- Ultra-low water absorption: As low as 0.14% in 24 hours
- Excellent aesthetics
- Transparency and stain resistance
- High fracture resistance
- Unaffected elasticity
- Great comfort for the patient